Okay, Zayden has said so many FUNNY things lately that I should "write down", but I decided it's time I confess some of my own "funnies".
I blame my "funnies" on sleep deprivation. Anyway, some day when I let my kids read this I think they should be able to get the chance to laugh at me as much as I laugh at them.
Last night Ivy woke up for her first nursing. I heard her crying, and I stumbled into her room to nurse her half-asleep as I do every night. Her room was very dark. I'm laughing as I type this, because it is so ridiculous! I reached down to find her with my hands, and then picked her up. As I picked her up, I thought in my dream-like state that something wasn't right. Usually I can feel my hands under her arms (like in her armpits as I pick her up). However, I felt like I was holding onto an armless baby. Then she cried softly and I realized her cry was coming from a place below my hands. I started to sit her back down in her crib, and realized I sat her on her HEAD. I then helped her complete a somersault in the crib. Once she was safely back on her back, I picked her up...right-side up this time, and then sat down and nursed her like normal going back into my sleepy nursing state. I had forgotten all about this incident until late this afternoon during a meeting...and then started laughing while picturing my helpless daughter being picked up upside down in her sleepy and hungry state.
Also yesterday (yes it was a long day), I came home from sitting in a conference room all day listening to a lecture. That is exhausting for me. Brian was busy fixing our water heater, so I immediately took on mom duty as I walked in the door. The kids needed dinner. I grabbed Zayden and started to put him in 'his' booster seat. Zayden said, "Mommy, I don't want to sit here!!" I ignored him. He said it again very whiney, and I just simply told him "yes", and then he started crying and said it again. It then hit me. I sat him in Ivy's booster (which we call the baby chair.....it's slightly more baby-like than his "big boy" booster seat). I started laughing, and apologized as I moved him to his chair. Zayden's tears turned to laughter, and he said, "That was funny. You made me laugh mommy. "
And this one was probably over a month ago, but it still cracks me up when I think about it. One day I was busy nursing Ivy. Zayden kept climbing on me and yelling and just distracting Ivy. Without thinking I said very sternly to Zayden, "Zayden, Go lay down!!!" in my dog owner voice. ;) Z asked with a puzzled look, "why go lay down?" All I could do was laugh!
Zayden....Ivy.....I have to let you in on a little secret.......your mommy is nuts!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love your stories!! :) I love how you have so much fun :)
Post a Comment