Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ivy the 9 month old

Ivy is 9 months now as of Saturday. She had her 9 month check up on Monday. She is now 29 1/4 inches long (90-95%) and 18 pounds 5 ounces (just below 50%). Maybe she will be tall and thin, like I used to be. ;)
She is still very much a crawler!! :) I think those independent steps were a fluke. She will stand without holding onto anything for a few seconds now, and then drop to her knees and crawl. She seems fearful now to take a step on her own which is fine by me!! She does love to walk while pushing toys around, and has gotten very good at that. When she hits a wall or obstacle, she will walk around the toy to the other side, and then start walking in the other direction with it. It's pretty fun to watch.
She is still my very happy baby. People are always commenting on how much she smiles! She is also now banging toys together, and is trying to clap. She brings her hands together, but they are kind of fisted, so she is not quite clapping.
She is babbling more and more now. She is saying mama a lot now, but not necessarily at me. She also says dada when babbling and today it sounded like she said, "dog". Also this morning while babbling, Zayden asked what she was saying. I said I didn't know, and Z said, "Sometimes she says pickle." I haven't heard that one yet though. ;)
She is not sleeping the best...I think this may be her only flaw. She has been napping less and less, and it is getting harder and harder to get her to sleep. Yesterday she took only one 45 minute nap all day. She also gets up AT LEAST 2-3 times every night! I have forgotten what it feels like to be well rested!
She is still nursing very well. I love to watch her nurse. She does this thing now often where she will grab her foot. If she is nursing on my right breast, than she will grab her right foot with her right hand, and will then do some stretches. She will flex her hip and bring her knee to her chest, and then will extend it and pull her foot back by her bottom like she is stretching her quads. She will do this over and over again, and it cracks me up!
She also is now loving to eat solids!! She is eating more and more every day it seems, and is demanding more and more. She prefers fruits, but does well with Veggies too. She likes all fruits, and her favorite veggies are: Butternut squash, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower.
She also is loving finger foods!! She would eat crackers all day long if I let her. She also loves her cheerios and puffs! And because of her love of food, and good pincer grasp she is now finding every tiny bit of anything on the floor and eating it. It scares me to think all that this girl has eaten. I am vacuuming often now, and constantly scanning the floor for fuzz and stuff, but apparently her eyes are better than mine, because I feel like I am always fishing some bit of something out of her mouth.
She has a love/hate relationship with her brother. There are moments when she loves him, and she will just laugh and laugh at him, and follow him around. She also seems to REALLY love bath time with him. They both enjoy splashing each other. Then there are the moments after she has been attacked by him in some way that she wants nothing to do with him, and he'll come near her and just the sight of him touching her toy that she is pushing around will make her scream and cry!
She is going through a phase right now where she is extremely attached to me. She wants me and only me if I am around. It has been rough, because I can't leave her alone with anyone but my in-laws including Brian. Last week, I went to the store for an hour and she cried for the entire time despite all of Brian's attempts to calm her down. It is a bit tiring, but I prefer this to the alternative.
I could talk about my sweet baby girl for days! I just love her to pieces. She is so sweet and loveable, and I am seeing her personality shining through, and I LOVE it!

1 comment:

braun brothers said...

I love reading about how adorable Ivy is. :) Ivy and Tommy sound a lot alike (except for the crawling and taking steps...he is too chubby!)