Zayden no longer has a dairy allergy! I am ecstatic!! The past couple of years have been difficult because of his allergies. I am so thankful that life will be a little easier now for all of us.
I won't have to spend so much extra time at the grocery store reading EVERY SINGLE LABEL. I went grocery shopping tonight, and I didn't realize it could be soo fun!
I won't have to make a big deal about every thing he eats at a restaurant sending servers back and forth to the kitchen to talk to the cooks and management about ingredients!
I won't have to worry about playdates, and him accidentally eating dairy.
I can cook anything I want for all of us for dinner. I can pull out all my old yummy recipes that ALL have dairy in them, and start making those meals for us!!
I could go on and on about how it benefits me, but I am most thankful for how this will benefit Zayden. He now can eat/drink what everyone else around him is eating!! He can experience a much wider variety of foods. He won't have to worry about having separate snacks at school or birthday parties, etc... He can just be like all the other kids. :)
I also am so happy that Zayden has done soooo well the past few years with his allergies. He never complained. He never tried to eat something that had dairy in it. In fact he would often ask if something had dairy before eating it, and if he saw cheese in his meal (this happened accidentally once) he made sure to let me know, so that I could get rid of it. He was GREAT!!
The allergist thinks Z grew out of his allergies because we were so diligent about the complete avoidance diet. It worked!!! I really liked our Allergist, but I will be happy if we never see him again. :) Although, he won't let us go completely. Actually he is putting together a website about food allergies. He asked if I would send in a picture of Z eating something with dairy in it, and write a little note about our experiences and successes!! He told me he wants to post that on his home page of his site. So Z will be a little celebrity maybe in the virtual allergy world. ;)
Although dealing with the allergies was rough, I was reminded today how LUCKY I am to have such healthy children!! I was driving to Riley Children's Hospital, and right before I drove into the parking lot I started to say a little prayer. I was going to ask for Z to grow out of his allergy, but then stopped myself. Instead, I told God that Z could have allergies for the rest of his life and the rest of us could all develop them too as long as he just keeps Z and Ivy healthy, and then I thanked him for their health. I am so grateful!!
Then while we were waiting for our appointment we saw a fountain with change in it. I got out penny's for both Z and I to make a wish. Again I had planned to wish for him to grow out of the dairy allergy. I changed my mind again right before throwing in the penny, and then made my wish much more important!
Luckily Z grew out of the allergy anyway!! When we left I did a kartwheel in the parking lot. Z got in the car and I screamed and screamed. Z screamed and screamed too.....not because he was excited about the allergy thing, but because he was excited that we were both screaming so loudly without consequences!! We scared a man walking by our car. ;) I got home and downloaded the song Celebration by Kool and the Gang. We all danced to it, and I did more Kartwheels. It was a glorious day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
WONDERFUL!!! :) So happy for you all!!! Now for many days of ice cream and cheese pizza :)
I am so happy he grew out of his allergy!
It made me laugh when I read that you were both screaming in the car - I love making those kinds of memories!
Woot! Woot!
Hooray again! I want to hear about his first tastes of everything! Woo hoo!
Post a Comment