Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Disappointed!

I am disappointed once again in my family....not my wonderful little family I created with my children, but my extended family.

I have told myself over and over again that I would just not let myself have any expectations for my family so that I wouldn't be let down, but I failed to do that last weekend.

I had NO family at Ivy's birthday party, and of course neither of my parents even called to wish her a happy birthday or to say they were thinking of us.

Thankfully I had a lot of nice friends and their families at her party, and Brian's family of course was there in full force.

Sometimes I just wish my family didn't suck so bad! At least I can take from this experience the kind of parent I NEVER want to be, and strive to be the best I can be every day for my beautiful children, and always be there for them. I don't want them to EVER feel disappointed or unloved by me.

8 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

I'm sorry. Families are hard.

braun brothers said...

Wow--TOTALLY their loss. :( I'm sorry :(

Tana_S_ Beautiful World said...

I know how you feel. Thanks to my abusive mother never telling me who my father was growing up, there is one half a family I will never ever know. I have never even seen a photo of my father, I have absolute no idea who he is. I have no contact with my mother because she is unstable and a very toxic person to have a relationship with. Therefore, I make the best of what God has given me. I double, even tripple love my children because I am all that they have. Do not blame yourself, and pity those whom lose out. Do and be the best that you can be in life and I promise you that will be more than good enough for your blessed Children. God Bless...Tana

Layla and Delia said...

Dawn, I am so sorry. I think it's wonderful you are learning from your experiences with them and creating a completely different environment for your children to live in. You are amazing!!!

The Carrels said...

So sorry Dawn...

SaRaH said...

Some people exist to show us what we don't want. I'm sorry that it's your family. They suck and it's totally their loss.

Leslie said...

Dawn, I am so sorry and it's like Brooke said, it's THEIR loss!!!! Families are sooooo tough!!!

Alina Klein said...

My family didn't call or anything either, Dawn. Two of my sisters mentioned Coen's birthday after the fact and asked how the party was. My dad didn't even acknowledge it. He's never even met him and doesn't have any plans to. It does really suck. :(

I'm sorry, but just know that I can relate! Hugs.