I think I could do better when it comes to being a mom, but the most important thing in my mind is to make sure my kids are safe, happy, and loved!! If I manage that, then I am doing my job.
Last night Z woke up crying in the middle of the night. I went to him, and he told me his leg hurt. I rocked with him for awhile, and then put him back to bed, and he went back to bed easily. I wondered if he would even remember in the morning.
This morning I asked him if he remembered waking up crying because his leg hurt. He said, "Yes, you rocked with me, and then it was better!"
Since Zayden was a baby we have done this thing I call "nosey nosey" (I do it with Ivy too). We basically just give eskimo kisses, and I say (now Z says) "nosey nosey nosey...." while we do it. It's very silly and maybe even a little odd, but something we do. Z asks for me to do "nosey nosey" with him every night now. It's the last thing we do before I leave his room. Tonight after I left his room I was hanging out in the living room, and I saw on the video monitor he was standing up. I ignored him for a while. After about 10 minutes he started hollering for me. I finally went in there, and he said, "Can we do nosey nosey one more time?" We did. I tucked him back in and he went right to sleep!
Today I had a bad day emotionally. I felt like a bad mom. I am grateful for Zayden for reminding me this morning first thing, and this evening last thing that I must be doing something right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Why did you feel you are a bad mom? You are a WONDERFUL mom!!!!
I think you are a terrific mom! I have many days where I feel like I am a bad mom, I think we all do. You're doing a great job!
I third that. You're a wonderful mom. Fo sho.
Post a Comment