Friday, July 3, 2009

What's new with my two?

We are loving the summer! It has been so fun to be outside every day doing something. We have been to the zoo, the pool, and to splash parks, and we are spending a lot of time at the brand new park that was built just down the road from us. Both kids love to be outside, love the park, and LOVE playing in the water!! I am enjoying it all too!! Ivy is on the go non-stop now, so it can be stressful since they always seem to be taking off in opposite directions, but we are managing and having lots of fun!!

Ivy is trying to talk more. She tries to repeat more words. She will repeat "cracker" and "quack quack" now. She is climbing on EVERYTHING. She loves jumping zebra toy. She climbs on and off that thing all day now, and even though her feet barely touch, she tries her best to bounce and gets it going a little bit. I am excitedly getting ready for her big first birthday!! I think it will be a lot of fun. I love her cake that I designed with a pastry chef's help....I definitely won't be making it. AND I love the outfit that she will be wearing that I had made on Etsy.com.

Zayden is doing well. He is playing better with Ivy now. They love to chase each other now, and he enjoys making her laugh! He spends most of his days when we are not outside playing with his "guys" still. I am starting to think he will be a director or something. He acts out such elaborate stories with all his guys, and I love listening to him and watching.

A couple recent funnies:

The other day I went to go to the bathroom, and both kids followed me of course. Brian was home so I asked Zayden if he would wait outside. He told me "NO, I want to go with you." I told him I just really wanted to go to the bathroom alone for a change, and he told me, "No, I want to come with you, because I am afraid you might get lost." How could I say no to that reasoning?

Today I was making breakfast and I asked him if he wanted a "piece of toast". His response: "Yes......NO! I don't want a PIECE of toast. I want a big one!"

And here are a few pictures of our recent fun:



Ivy at our new park:
Z hiding in all kinds of fun places at the new park:

A fraction of the new park....it is SO nice!!:


Ivy on her new favorite toy:


Z at a sprinkler park:



Ivy having NO FEAR at the sprinkler park!:

3 comments:

Jacque said...

Looks like a fun summer so far! The new park looks nice!

Emily said...

Those pics are adorable. I LOVE the bare-butt saddle on the zebra. How funny! That new park looks really great! Is it in your neighborhood?

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Naked toy riding should be mandatory!