Ivy really is the happiest baby on the block! I've never been around another baby that smiles and laughs so much. Even while getting her first 4 teeth, and through this past cold this week she has been all smiles. Of course occasionally she cries if she is hungry or tired, and lately if I walk out of the room.....or even move a couple feet away from her (hello separation anxiety days). However, mostly she is dazzling us with those dimples!
Today was different. She woke up and within 10 minutes was crying and fussy. I was holding her, nursing her, letting her stand at her favorite toys (her favorite thing lately), and she still was crying and very fussy. She didn't have a fever, but this was NOT like my happy baby! So, I called the doctor's office as soon as they opened this morning because I "knew" she had an ear infection. She batted at her right ear 2x during her fussy period.
The doctor confirmed it. Ivy has her first ear infection in her right ear. And we started her first round of antibiotics this afternoon. Luckily Tylenol has brought back those dimples! :) Let's hope she recovers quickly and doesn't have any more bad days anytime soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Poor little sweetie! I hope she feels better soon! Did they put her on omnicef?
Isn't it funny how keen our mommy sense really is? I knew both times Tommy had an ear infection as well! Those darn things are torture for them :(
Awww, Ivy! Feel better soon happy girl!
Poor lil boo ba :( I hope she feels better soon. It stinks to see happy baby get buried by crabby/hurting baby. Hope she feels better soon!
Poor little girl! What mother's intuition you have!
Post a Comment