Saturday, February 7, 2009

What's next? College applications perhaps?

This week I am watching my kids and listening to Zayden speak to me and they all of a sudden seem so incredibly OLD! I know I talk a lot about time flying and them growing up too fast, and everyone says this happens....but holy smoke it is happening WAY too fast for my liking! Is there a way to slow this down a little, or do I just need to buckle up and enjoy the thrilling high speed rollercoaster?

Yesterday, we had to lower Ivy's crib, which in my head means she's not my "little" baby anymore. She is so close to crawling now. She starts to get going and then falls on her face. ;) She can army crawl a little in desperation to get a toy. She gets into sitting on her own. She has even gotten herself up into a standing position a couple of times. She has one toy at my in-laws house that is at eye level if she is on her hands and knees, and she can push up on that to stand up. She also climbed up on me the other day to stand up. And when she is standing at a toy, she'll now even sometimes take a step or two to the side. WHAT is going on....she's 6 months old. *sniff sniff* While I love watching her do all these things and discover how to do them, it is also sad that she is getting so "big"!! She also has waved "bye bye" to my MIL twice now.

And Zayden went from two to thirteen in the past couple weeks. He all of a sudden has this teen attitude, and says things I never thought my two year old would say....these are things teens and tweens say, right? I guess not.
Here's some examples:
Today I asked him to do something for me and he responded with, "I cant. I'm busy right now!"
yesterday my father in law was trying to get Zayden to help put away his toys when I went to pick him up. Z walked over and was looking at a toy rather than putting it away, and my father told him to put it away, and Z said to him with attitude, "Be pateint!"
The thing he says the most though, that drives me crazy is all day long when I tell him something he responds with "Yeah, I know it!" or "Yeah, I know that!" Apparently he already knows everything!

He is saying some other phrases that make him sound older that are nice and not punched with as much attitude though like,
"I will help you mommy. I am a really good helper."
and "I got in big trouble today. Pawpaw was very mad at me"
and today when we were going to the park to see some friends, he said, "I am going to go play with my buddies!" (don't know where he learned buddies!) :D
and "Daddy is going to scare me. Well, actually daddy is a good guy!" I love when he says actually!
and
"I don't want to go to grandma's house today (be)cause everyone is sick. Grandma's sick and pawpaw's sick too."

Anyway....he just sounds too grown up when he talks lately. I love that Z talks so well, but gosh it all is just flying at me so fast!!

I really just want freeze time RIGHT now! I guess I just need to be better about living in the moment, and enjoying them all as they come because I am already missing so many moments that have passed by!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh Dawn, I know exactly how you feel. Time goes by WAY too fast.

Z is too cute!