Saturday, August 8, 2009

Shopping!

Zayden has adopted my love for shopping....garage sale shopping that is! ;) I have found A LOT of great deals lately, which I am very happy/proud of.

Today there was a community garage sale in a neighborhood close to ours. So, at 8:00 I packed the kids in the stroller and walked over. Z wasn't so excited at first. But I kind of bribed him into being good in the stroller by telling him we would be looking for rescue heroes at the garage sales, and if we were really lucky maybe we would find one....maybe even Bob Buoy!

Z then perked right up and was eager to go garage sale shopping. After all he LOVES his rescue heroes and for some reason has decided that the one he is missing and HAS to have is Bob Buoy. He tells me almost every day that he wants Bob Buoy for his birthday! There are probably about 50 different rescue heroes, so I don't know why Bob....but Bob it is.

The first sale we went to, Zayden immediately said to the seller, "We are looking for Bob Buoy!" I translated to them what he was talking about, but of course they didn't have rescue heroes. Those toys are old. Actually they told us they did have some at one time, but sold them years ago in a garage sale. They DID however have a couple Incredible guys from the movie Incredibles. We got them, and Z kept calling them his Incrediboys! ;)

Zayden was really excited once he got some Incrediboys! He then was eager and happy to go to every sale. I got him a couple other cheap things which he was thrilled about, and I think he would have gone garage sale shopping all day if I had let him, even though we weren't finding any rescue heroes.

It was getting late in the morning, and I thought we had gone to every house, so we started heading back to the house. I saw one more house we hadn't stopped at yet on our way home. It didn't look like they had much, but we decided to stop anyway. There was a large box of toys, and a sign saying everything in it was $1. I looked in there to see if there was anything good, and found a leapfrog toy that looked decent, and another game. Then at the bottom I spotted those big Rescue Hero feet. In shock I grabbed the sole guy and showed Zayden that I had found a rescue hero. Then to my SHOCK and to Zayden's apparent expectance I realized the ONE rescue hero at our last sale just in fact happen to be Bob Buoy!! I still can't believe it!!!

Thank you universe.....for throwing Z a bone today!! We needed that!!

3 comments:

Alina Klein said...

Seriously?! Wowza. Three cheers for the universe!

Jacque said...

That's amazing! I love garage sales too! :)

Hef said...

That really is amazing!!! Yay for Z!

And, for what it's worth, I think it's amazing the way that you and the ex are handling everything. It's going to make everything so much easier for all of you, and I love that you two are looking out for what's best for those adorable kidlets of yours.