Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ideal

Ideal (n): A conception of something in its absolute perfection. One that is regarded as a standard or model of perfection or excellence.

Yesterday I was in the elevator with 2 other ladies. One I had never met, and one was a co-worker. The 2 of them were having a conversation, and I was just in the "background" waiting to reach my floor. I was half listening to their conversation.

I heard the lady I didn't know say, "It's not ideal." Then my co-worker responded with, "Well is there really anything that is ideal?"

Even though I had no idea what they were talking about I had a knee jerk reaction and without hesitation or any kind of contemplation I blurted out, "My kids!" Both ladies liked my interjection.

So some day when my kids are reading this blog, I want them to know that I view them as Ideal, so much so that I have to immediately blurt this out to anyone who may be trapped in an elevator with me. :-)

1 comment:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

I will remind you of this post when they are dating and/or learning to drive a car. :-)