Yesterday I worked all day. It was a very long day, and I was exhausted. I drove home in the rain to pick up the kids. Brian had a meeting after work, so I had to pick up the kids, but didn't get to my in-laws until about 6:40 p.m. almost 12 hours after I dropped them off!!
It was pouring rain! I went in and gathered up the kids. I covered Ivy up with a blanket to keep her dry as I ran her to the car. It was very warm (in the 70's) so I just carried Z in the rain without covering him up, and we laughed as we ran in the rain to the car. I got soaked buckling them in their carseats, and Z got a little wet too of course.
When I finally got in the drivers side, I had to laugh because I was so wet.....and after such a long day laughing is better than crying. Zayden laughed too, and as we drove home we talked about how funny it was to get wet in the rain.
When we got home Brian had just arrived too. I pulled into the garage to keep us out of the rain this time, and Brian helped me get the kids out. As we were getting ready to walk inside, Z asked, "Can I go out in the rain?" We said, "Sure!" Zayden ran out for a second and then started to come back......and then I got this urge all of a sudden to join him in that pouring rain. I was already very wet anyway. Next thing I know and to Zayden's surprise I went running down the driveway laughing as the rain poured on my head.
Zayden got super excited at this, and came running after me. We then started running down the sidewalk laughing and dancing around!! It was GREAT! I told him we needed to go find a BIG puddle. We had to go down the sidewalk about 5 houses to find just the right big puddle, and when we found it we both jumped in it many many times while smiling and laughing and cheering each other on! We were so wet...it looked like we had jumped in a pool with our clothes on! It was more fun than I have had in awhile, and I think Zayden felt the same way!!
This is a memory I want to keep. This is also an activity I want to make somewhat of a tradition. I'm going to make sure that we often take advantage of those warm rains, and enjoy them. Next year Ivy can join us too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Good for you! I did that all the time in college and can't wait to do it with my kids. You have the best outlook!
Post a Comment