Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A nice day for a stroll to the park!

Some times I think if my life was a reality show it would have great ratings! I am not really that interesting myself, but my kids definitely have so much personality and there are not dull moments around here!!

Sunday it was a lovely day, so I decided to take the kids to the park. Zayden was running around in his underwear, but I told him we were going to the park, so he put on this big bulky helmet he has. It is white with a big red M on the front. I think it is supposed to be a race car helmet from some movie, but he calls it his football helmet.....I'm not even sure where he got it. He puts that on, a jacket that is too small on him and sandals that are WAY too small on him.

In the mean time I get Ivy dressed, lathered up with sunblock, and ready to go. I try to convince Zayden to take off some of the craziness because it is a hot day, but he insists on wearing the helmet and jacket, because he says it is cold out. I do manage to get clothes under the jacket on him, but of course the small jacket has to go back on. I tell him his shoes are way too small and that his toes are hanging out, and he says, "That is how it is supposed to be."

So, "sweet" Ivy, helmet head, and I head out, and I push the kids in the stroller to the park. None of the adults at the park or even the older kids could refrain from giggling when they saw my little boy running around with his toes hanging out of his shoes, holding his large helmet on his head and in a warm jacket in 80 degree weather. And by the way Zayden strutted around in his attire I know he thought he was super cool....and well I know he is super cool! :D

When we arrived at the park Ivy started shrieking and flailing all her limbs when she saw the swings. She loves to swing. I plopped her in the swing and pushed her while Z played on the playground equipment. She loves to be pushed high, so I accommodated. Then Ivy did the cutest things she curled her legs up into the swing, and was sitting in the little bucket swing with her feet all curled up inside. I was wishing I had brought my camera because she looked so sweet and cute!! Then in an instant my memories of Ivy being my wild child flashed before my eyes as I gave her a big push, and when she was as far away from me as she could be she stood up and did a front flip out of the swing, landing on her back on the mulch!!

It freaked me out sooo bad!! Luckily she seemed completely fine. She fussed for like 30 seconds and then was reaching for the swing again. No one else at the park even noticed it happen. This girl is only 10 months old and she is already doing this kind of thing ALL the time!! I think I will have a head full of gray hair by the time she is 2....but no one will know because I have a good colorist! ;)

The highlight of the trip was when Zayden peed in his portable toilet I brought underneath a tree!! At least it wasn't on the tree.

Then we headed home, and Z cried most of the way home because he said he didn't feel good. I kept trying to take off his jacket and helmet because he was sweating, and I know he was just so hot, but he wouldn't let me! He freaked out if I even tried to unbutton the jacket. ugh! We got home in the air condition and Zayden was fine....Ivy was fine...and my heart rate was still racing a little.

But that is just a normal couple of hours in the life of wild child Ivy and quirky Zayden!! :D

5 comments:

SaRaH said...

What a great day (minus the heart attack). Zayden and Ivy sure are full of personality.

Jacque said...

Life as a mother is rarely dull, huh? I can see Zayden in his gear at the park. I'm sorry Ivy flew out of the swing, but I'm glad she's okay! How scary! Chloe did the same thing (on purpose) a couple weeks ago off a swing at the park, and she's 10! She was all arms and legs flying and she landed hard on the sand. She broke her arm once doing that.

Shannon said...

that's too cute.
I wish we lived closer because I know Zayden and Zoey would be the best of friends...they are so alike.

Dayna said...

Samantha is like that too! When it's hot out-she likes boots and a jacket. When it's cold-shorts and a t shirt and NO jacket. Crazy kids! Glad Ivy's ok, that little daredevil she is!

PS-- I have learned to take a camera EVERYWHERE I go. I even pack it around in my purse now!

Abby said...

Oh my! I totally understand how hard it is to keep them alive! That makes me tired just to read it but it's not that different over here- I just have a bjorn on while I'm trying to save a life ;)