Zayden and I had the greatest conversation last night when I picked him up after work. We only had a 10 minute drive, but we talked the entire way home about the moon! I have a good memory, but it's not perfect so I will try to recall this conversation, but I'm sure it's not exact as the conversation went on and on and on, and many things were repeated 10 times (in typical toddler fashion). However here is how I remember it:
Me: Zayden do you see the moon?
Z: No! Where is the moon?
Me: It's up in the sky...I can see it already. (It was full or nearly full)
Z: I see it! Now I see it!
Z: Do you see the moon?
Me: No I don't see it. (I turned the car and couldn't see it from my view anymore)
Z: Do you see it?
Me: No, I can't see it right now.
Z: Yes, you see it, Yes you see it!
Me: Sorry, I can't see it.
Z: Yes you see it. It's right there by the clouds.
Me: Okay now I see it. (after craning my neck way around and bending over, while dodging traffic)
Z: Can I fix the moon?
Me: Fix it?
Z: With some tape?
Me: You want to fix the moon?
Z: Yes
Me: How are you going to fix the moon?
Z: I am going to help it?
Me: What are you going to help the moon do?
Z: *long pause* I am going to help the moon get home.
Me: Where is the moon's home?
Z: *long pause* In a tree
Me: You want to help the moon get home to a tree?
Z: Yes!
Me: How are you going to do that?
Z: I am going to fly to the moon!
Z: I can fly!
Me: You can fly?
Z: Yes, I can fly!
Z: I have wings!
Me: That's cool!
Z: I am batman!
Me: You are batman, and you can fly to the moon?
Z: Yes, I can fly. I'm batman!
Z: Can I jump out of the car?
Me: No you can't right now.
Z: Can I jump out of the car and fly to the moon.
Me: No, we are in the street, and there are cars, so you can't jump out. We are almost home.
Z: I'm batman. Can I jump out of the car?
Me: In just a minute.
We arrived home, and I got Zayden out of the car. I showed him the moon, and told him he can fly there now. He smiled looked up at it, and then squatted down really low. He sat there hunched down for a few seconds and then sprung up quickly with his hands above his head and jumped about 1/4 of a centimeter (He isn't a good jumper yet!).
I told him that was great, but we needed to go inside now because it was cold, and Z said in his santa/pirate voice "I'm batman" with a very serious look on his face, and then ran inside smiling!
When we got inside we both kept pretending to fly to the moon while Ivy laughed and laughed at us, like she was watching the best comedy of her life. I seriously had not ever heard her laugh so much!!
I'm so glad Z brings so much humor to our lives! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Z rocks. Although, technically, if he did jump out of the car and fly upward, he would not get hit by a car or traffic or anything.
Such an imagination! Go, Zayden, I mean Batman!
Love that story!
Post a Comment