Monday, December 8, 2008

Ivy the Incredible

Ivy and I had a great time in Florida! Ivy was just amazing! She was fantastic on the plane both there and back. Others commented on both flights how great she was! Luckily I flew Southwest, and they don't have assinged seating. We got to get on the plane before many of the passengers, and NO one wanted to sit with us. It was funny, how people would see 2 empty seats in our row, and start to sit down or put their bags up, and then they'd take one look of the scary little baby and keep on walking for another seat!! So, both flights we had the whole row to ourselves, and that was GREAT! Little did they know that Ivy was an angel on both flights!! What do you think.....would this scare you if you were boarding a plane?





The main reason we went was to see my Oma (Ivy's great Oma), who will be 84 next week. Oma fell completely in love with Ivy as did the rest of my Floridian family (Dad, step-mom, uncle and aunt). Ivy was SOOOO good the whole time we were there. Everyone kept commenting all weekend on how happy Ivy was. They said they'd never seen a happier baby!! Ivy is always a happy baby, but she was especially happy this weekend, and I think it was because she was getting so much undivided attention! Ivy seemed to just cherish all the attention I was giving her while we were gone. I really enjoyed it too!! AND on top of that she slept really good in this run down borrowed pack n play without any complaints or tears!

Oma was SO in love with Ivy!!
We went to lunch one day to my favorite restaurant on the beach, and I took Ivy out to the Ocean (actually the gulf), and stuck Ivy's little baby toes in the water and in the sand! She seemed to enjoy it!!


This is my dad and his wife with Ivy!

And here is another pic of just Ivy that I liked! She enjoyed looking out Oma's huge window from her 3rd floor Condo!




Zayden and Brian also had a good time this weekend, and Zayden did okay without me! I missed him very much, but I am SOOO glad that Ivy and I went! Zayden like a good son did ask about me very often!! :) Saturday night he woke up in the middle of the night crying for me, and Brian took him to bed with him! (Same time Ivy was sleeping with me!....she'd wake up to nurse, and I'd nurse her in my bed, and we'd cosleep the rest of the night). So we were a co-sleeping family this weekend 1000 miles away from each other!

Oh, and I forgot to add: Here is a cute video of Ivy and my uncle Gerry. He is singing a very popular german kids song that my dad used to sing to us, while he bounced us on his chest! :)

6 comments:

Jacque said...

I'm glad the trip went so well! Ivy looks so sweet, I would have sat by her on the plane!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

I wouldn't be scared of her on the plane. I'd probably insist on cuddling her the whole way! She is so freakin' cute!

Shannon said...

So glad you had a great time and that Ivy was so happy! That's wonderful.

Anonymous said...

SO glad you had fun and Ivy did well. She is such a cutie pie.

You got some great pics!

Alina Klein said...

Lol, she IS scary, menacing even...I'm terrified that she's going to p-p-pull my hair. Babies that age do that, you know. ;) She is SO darling sitting in her own airplane seat. I'm thrilled you had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

Awww...so glad to hear you & Ivy had a great time in FL :)

She's ADORABLE sitting there on the plane by herself. So squeezable!