Today Zayden was eating Spaghetti for lunch, and found a mushroom. He picked it out, and said, "There's a mustache on this one (noodle). It's really gross!"
Zayden who is all about pretend play is starting to role play more. He likes to pretend that he is either a pirate or Santa. When he is pirate he changes his voice to this deep husky voice and declares that he is going to "take the baby" and comes and tries to pick up Ivy. I sometimes help him, and he laughs and tries to run away with her.
When he is Santa, he also changes his voice, and to my amusement it is the same voice as his pirate voice. When he is santa, he talks all about living in the north pole and making bat man toys, and he brings presents to anyone around, while ho ho hoing. He also sings a great "jingle bells" in that santa/pirate voice. ;)
Zayden has been hitting lately, but mostly when he gets excited. It's like he doesn't know what to do with himself when he gets really riled up and he just hits whoever is right beside him. So last night I had a long talk with him about how he needed to do other things when he got excited like giving high fives, clapping, and raising his hands in the air and cheering. We practiced all of this over and over. I would say, "If you are excited then do this", and I would cheer and throw my hands in the air or clap or something, and he would immitate me. We practiced this for a few mintues, and then I said, "Okay Zayden you are all excited now" as I was bouncing him on my lap, "Now what do you do?" He smiled and punched me in the face.
Okay, he didn't technically punch me in the face, but that made the story funnier. Actually he did the motions of punching me in the face, but stopped when his fist was about a centimeter away from making contact. He is such a little stinker!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ooooh, he IS a stinker. That is so funny! I love that Santa and the pirate sound the same...but wear different hats. :)
Post a Comment