Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Black Eyes, Pacifiers, and Snoopy!

That title pretty much sums up what's new!

I have started giving Ivy a pacifier at times now, hoping that she will sleep better. However, I still am a little hesitant about this because I have never been a big fan of pacifiers. She is not a good sleeper. She wakes up many times at night still, and was napping pretty badly!! Since I have given in to the pacifier, she is napping a little better, but the night time sleeping is still bad...maybe worse. Last night she "slept" about 10 hours, and was awake 4 times during those 4 hours! The good news though, is that even though she doesn't sleep as well as a typical baby she is a happy baby most of the time, and she is healthy and I just love her to pieces!! She is belly laughing now at times, and I LOVE that so much!! She is becoming so much more fun every day as she coos and interacts more!!

Zayden got his first black eye yesterday morning before I had to drop him off at the in-laws so I could go to work. It wasn't even 7:00 yet, and he had just woken up. He was probably still half asleep and walking with a large fire truck in his hand, when he tripped and fell hitting his head on the bottom of the couch. (Although I told Brian that he got the black eye because Ivy finally decided to hit him back....he's been in a couple time outs lately for hitting(more like tapping) his sister...ugh!) I could see the broken blood vessels immediately!! And it was swelling up within minutes. I felt so bad for him!! He must have asked me to kiss it 50 times, and still has asked me to kiss it a couple times today. I love how he believes in the magic of a kiss that can heal and make pain go away!! This morning he told me "It hurts really bad!" It hurts me every time I look at him!

Part out of guilt, part out of coming home late on Tuesdays, and part for just the greatness and fun of it, we started a new tradition last night. Zayden usually goes to bed at 7:30. Although, last night the Charlie Brown pumpkin special was on at 8:00. I could have taped it, and had him watch it tonight, but that just isn't the same! So, I let him stay up late, and we all watched the cartoon! Ivy was in bed, so I could have attention only on Zayden. Z sat on my lap the entire 30 minutes as we watched and laughed and talked about all the characters and stuff! It was great!! I now can't wait until Christmas time when we will have more holiday specials to watch, when I will let him stay up late again to watch!!

Oh, and yesterday I asked Zayden what we should all be for Halloween and this was his serious response to each person I asked about:

Me: Cow (thanks a lot son!)
Brian: Horse
Kramer: Ghost
Grandma: Pumpkin
Grandpa: Also a ghost
Zayden: Cow
Ivy: Cow (okay now I don't feel so bad since it's a family thing)
Fintan: Skeleton

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ivy does have an awesome laugh--I loved hearing it at Lindsey's last week! :)

Poor Zayden! I'm sorry he got a black eye! :(

I love the "Three Thankful Fors" idea and I just might have to steal it...

Jacque said...

I hope Z's eye is getting better! I love the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. We have it on dvd and are watching it tomorrow evening for Halloween.

Emily said...

Hearing what Zayden says on a daily basis totally cracks me up. I love how your who family was cows pretty much except for his cool friend Fintan who got to be a skeleton. Gabby doesn't even know what a skeleton is!