Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Halloween!! I love everything about it. I love all the spooky decorations! I love the tricks and the treats! I especially love all the costumes!!
Today Zayden and I made a spooky edible house (kind of like a gingerbread house). That was fun, but also much work for myself. I had to build and decorate the house quicker than Zayden could eat and destroy. It was some messy fun!! I'll try to post some pics later!
This afternoon we are going to carve a pumpkin. Then tonight of course we are going trick or treating! I can't wait. I just hope Zayden will wear his honey bee costume.
Over a month ago he went on and on for weeks about how he wanted to be a "honey bee" for halloween. I don't know how he got that idea, but he was convinced and talked about it daily. So, I ordered him a honey bee costume like any good mommy would (and a flower costume for Ivy to go along with the theme). Well the day it arrived, I happily looked at Zayden and said, "Now, what do you want to be for halloween?" And Zayden without hesitation answered, "Batman!"

He has gotten over batman though. He then decided he wanted to be spiderman, and then it was a ghost, and then a spider, and then a pirate. A few days ago he went on and on about wanting to be a cow. Yesterday he was adamant that he was going to be a Fireman! Today he tells me he is going to be a witch! So.....I also am a little excited about trying to even get him in this honeybee costume tonight!! If he absolutely refuses to wear it, I think I can put him in his football jersey with helmet as he is all about football right now! I have learned one thing from this experience. Next year we are going to go get his costume the day of Halloween....maybe it'll even be on sale!! Hopefully I'll share pictures of all of our Halloween activities later!!

Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Happy Halloween! I hope you had fun trick or treating, and that Zayden liked his bee costume. Owen is always changing his mind about his costumes. We made an edible haunted house too. It was a mess. LOL Post pics of all the Halloween fun!

Dayna said...

I'm dying to know if he wore the costume. I hope you all had a great Halloween!