Monday, October 6, 2008

Eggstatic!!!

Zayden had his egg challenge today, and I am so happy that he has grown out of the egg allergy!!! Hooray!!

It was such a long test. He had to have a little bit of a powdered egg substance mixed with applesauce, and then wait 15 minutes, and then have a little more egg/sauce combo, wait 15 more min, and then more of the combo. He had 10 portions. He ate a total of 4 apple sauce containers and the equivalent of 2 eggs total.

He had no problems, and he was so good the entire 4 hours we were at the clinic!! We played a lot of football in the hall. We also read and walked around a little, while we would wait. I was so happy he was willing to eat all the sauce/egg combo without any fight at all. If he wouldn't have completed this the allergist wouldn't of let us eat eggs for another year! The nurses kept commenting on how Good Zayden was while we were there.

Our main nurse even said that Zayden was doing better than most 5 year olds she sees. I'm so proud of my boy!! He isn't supposed to have any more egg today. However, tomorrow, I am going to make him French toast for breakfast, and then probably some scrambled eggs at some point during the day!!!

Now if he would just grow out of that darn dairy allergy!! Doc said he may grow out of that one by the time he is 4. We are hopeful!!!

7 comments:

Jacque said...

That's great news! Enjoy your eggs, Z!

Shannon said...

WONDERFUL news!!! You must be so happy. And way to go Z for being such a good boy. I got a little tear in my eye reading that!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! :) Zayden is such a nice boy. :) Yummy eggs on the way!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

1. I thought when I saw the title of this post that you were Ovulating. Weird.
2. Brody wishes he had an egg allergy bec then people would stop trying to feed him eggs. DH & I, in contrast, are in love with eggs, in all their forms. Z is verrry lucky to be able to enjoy them!!!

starfitch said...

Dawn, that's great! I know you were hoping for that news, I hope he is as excited to eat all the eggs too!

SaRaH said...

Eggcellent! I'm so eggcited for Zayden.

Alina Klein said...

Fintan NEVER would have eaten all of those cups of applesauce. What a good boy, Z is! Hooray for eggs!