Monday, October 6, 2008

The day has come.....Ivy has moved out!

Last night was Ivy's first night out of our bedroom. It was bittersweet. Yes, she is just down the hall, but she is no longer the tiny baby that laid next to me in the bassinet for 11 weeks. She actually did great in her crib last night. She only woke up 2x, which is about 5x better than the three previous nights when she was up ALL night!! She looks so tiny all alone in that big crib.
I go back to work in 8 days. ugh!! I wanted her to be comfy in her room by then. The good thing about her being in her room is to have our room back. Last night I was able to read in bed with the light on, and not have to tip toe around.
I do miss her though. *sniff*

Zayden funny:

When I typed "comfy" just now it reminded me of something Zayden said yesterday. I was on the couch nursing Ivy, and Zayden sat on another part of the couch (it's a sectional).
He said, "Mommy sit over here". And he patted on the cushion beside him. I told him not right now, and then he said, "There's more room over here......It's comfy!". It totally cracked me up.....just because it was so random and must be words I use er something.

3 comments:

SaRaH said...

Zayden's a good salesman! I remember the first night Nora spent in her room. I went between tearing up and wanting to jump on my bed and turn on everything I could think of. Yay, Ivy!

Shannon said...

I had such a hard time moving Lily into her own room. With Zoey she was 7 weeks but Lily was almost 4 months by the time I moved her. I cried and cried that first night she wasn't there beside me...but thankfully I have a video monitor and was able to still look at her sleeping! They DO seem so tiny in those cribs...even still Lily is so small in there.

Z is too cute. Zoey loves the word COZY. She is always making me get her a blanket and pillow and getting her all "cozy" on the couch.

Anonymous said...

That is great Ivy slept well! She needs to teach Tommy how to do that... I still have to sleep right by his side to get him to stay asleep. I actually kind of like it, but I know there will come a day soon when I need to move out...