Monday, November 17, 2008

She's perfect!




I know not any baby/child is perfect, but every mother likes to think that their child(ren) are perfect. My kids are perfect in my eyes! I wouldn't change a thing about them!




Even though I think my kids are perfect, I know not everyone else does, and that's fine. However, it sure is wonderful to hear your child's pediatrician state "she's perfect" while examining your baby! I don't know that there are much better words to come out of a pediatrician's mouth honestly!




Ivy had her 4 month doctor's appointment today, but technically isn't 4 months old until tomorrow. Everything looked "perfect". She is growing like a weed. She is now 26 inches long (95%) and weighs 14 pounds 10 oz (90%). I wonder if she'll stay tall and big, or turn into a little pipsqueak like Z did after he turned one.




Oh, and one of the greatest statements a pediatrician can say to a tired mother who can't shed all the baby weight from 2 pregnancies now is: "Were you an athlete?". LOL! She has asked me the last 2 appointments now. The doctor is just so amazed I guess by how strong little Ivy is, so she has now asked me at this appointment and the last one if either myself or husband were athletes! Gosh, I should go see her more often when I'm feeling down! ;) She also asked today if Zayden had such great muscle tone and strength at this age, and I told her that he sure did, and reminded her how early he walked (8 months). :) However, I have other plans for Ivy. She can't walk until she is one. I want her to be my baby for awhile longer!!!




Oh, and the other reason that makes me believe Ivy is perfect, is that this girl is now doing the most unbelievable and unheard of (at least in this house) feat! For the last FIVE times I have laid Ivy down to go to sleep, I have been able to do this while she was awake!! Yes, you heard that right AWAKE! I give her her pacifier, lay her on her side, have the room dark, have the white noise going, cover her with a blanket, and within minutes she is asleep!! If someone else was watching her and told me this I wouldn't believe it. I have seen her do it and I still can't believe she is doing this!! I am sure it won't last....nothing with her sleep does, but right now this is just another perfect little thing about her!! And last night she only woke up 4x. She's slowly sleeping better and better! :) I love my Ivy!! :)




6 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

She is also perfectly CUTE. Good god - do you just stare at her and smile all day? She's adorable.

Alina Klein said...

She IS perfect. I've always known that! She takes after her Mama.

Henry Parents said...

Ivy is awesome (and so big now)! I can't believe she is such a good sleeper. Very, very jealous over here... :)

Jacque said...

She is perfect (and Z is too)! You're doing a great job!

SaRaH said...

She's gorgeous! And perfect! I LOVE the athlete comment the best, though. You're rocking it.

Shannon said...

She IS perfect!! :)
And way to go on the sleep front. Bless her little heart. Isn't is amazing when you can just lay them down awake and leave and they just go to sleep on their own? I STILL find this so adorable and sweet...and wonderful!!!