Friday, November 7, 2008

What a night!!!!






That Ivy! She isn't even a teenager, and she is already giving me the most incredible sleepless nights!! Her personality is already shining through! This girl has got places to go and things to see, and there is nothing going to hold her back!!
I know I have mentioned her rolling and her poor sleeping here before. The ONLY way I have ever been able to get her to sleep though is swaddled. She HAS to be swaddled. Well yesterday morning I found her in her crib swaddled, and on her belly! EEK!! That just scares me so much, for her to be on her belly with her arms trapped by her side, but she is just not a kid to sit still! I thought about possibly being able to still swaddle her, if I used a sleep positioner to keep her in place, but then I remembered who I was thinking of....this won't work for my little break dancer! She scoots everywhere and somehow manages to fling herself when scooting doesn't work. A few weeks ago she flung herself out of her bumbo chair and landed on her belly beside it! If she can fling herself out of that and roll while all swaddled up, a sleep positioner isn't going to work for her! *sigh*



So, last night I put her down for bed without being swaddled. I am thankful for the pacifier, I think, but geez louise this girl had major trouble staying asleep!! I had to go in her room it seemed like 137 times last night to find her pacifier and put it back in her mouth or else she would cry and cry. Seriously I put her to bed a little after 8, and by midnight I had to intervene 7 times. I stopped counting at that point, but I KNOW she never made it more than one hour before crying out! It was usually more like 15-40 minute intervals!! Luckily I only had to nurse her 2x last night, and the rest of the time the pacifer was enough, and she would just go back to sleep! I just kept sleepwalking to her room to search her crib (and sometimes floor) for one of the 2 pacifiers I had in there while she wailed, and then quickly plugged her up, and walked back to bed in a sleepy daze. It felt like soon as I would hit the pillow she'd be crying again. I seriously hope she gets used to sleeping without the swaddle soon!!!!



And I must say if I didn't have tons of LOVE just oozing out of me for this girl, I'd have lost it. But I love her sooooo much, and when I look at that sweet face of hers and she gives me one of her huge smiles.....none of it matters. I just melt and realize this is just temporary!!








1 comment:

Jacque said...

Love that pic of Ivy! I hope she starts sleeping better for you soon!