Monday, January 26, 2009

16 Random things about me!

I just did this on facebook, but thought I'd share here too! I'm hoping maybe this will inspire some of you that read this blog to post some random things about yourself. So, if you are reading this than "Tag...you're it!" Your Turn to share!!

1. I love to play on playground equipment! Sometimes I wonder if one of the reasons I had kids was so that I would have someone to play with at the park!
2. I feel very drawn to children in Africa, and feel compelled to try to help in any way I can. Some day I hope to go there to do some type of missionary work.
3. El Camino's make me mad! If I see one driving by, my day could be ruined.
4. I am/was closer to my grandmother(s) than my parents.
5. My grandfather wanted everyone including his grandchildren to refer to him as "King Daddy". He was a millionaire, but NOT a good person. My brother nor I ever spoke to him again once we became adults and made our own decisions.
6. When I was a child we were told to choose an instrument we would like to learn and play for band class. I chose the drums. My parents would not let me play the drums, so I Refused to play anything else. Then I took art class (despite any artistic abilities) instead of band. I still wish I could play the drums!
7. For Brian and my first date we played on exercise balls. He came to my apartment and I had 3 large balls from work. We moved my couch up against a wall out of the way in my living room, and then challenged each other by doing different tricks and stunts. It was then that I knew Brian was a keeper!
8. I figured out that my parents did drugs while watching the Karate Kid.
9. I never have known another brother and sister to fight as much as my brother and I as kids, and I don't know any other brother/sister who are closer than we are now.
10. I wish I had more time to spend with my friends.
11. When I was a kid I wanted to be the Ice Cream Man.
12. My mother and I don't have much of a relationship. I've only seen her once in the last half of my life. So, therefore I have never before expereinced a normal or healthy mother/daughter relationship. It made me nervous to have my own daughter at first. Now I feel so grateful to be able to experience the kind of mother/daughter relationship that I wished I would have had with my own mother. I plan to do this right!
13. My brother always tells people that he and I learned our morals and values by watching Little House on the Prairie and The Cosby Show.
14. I don't like talking on the phone.
15. When I was 18 or so, I had a hobby of rollerblading....but not just regular rollerblading. I would do all kinds of tricks. I could jump over medians, skate down stairs, jump up on park benches, do 360's in the air, etc...
16. I wouldn't change anything that has happened in my life. It has made me the person I am today, and I actually like that person.

No comments: