I am very happy that my family and I were all able to go meet this inspirational boy 10 days ago! He and his family are absolutely amazing!
We drove all the way to Philadelphia for our 30 minute meeting with Dante and his family! I am so glad we had the opportunity! Zayden had been talking for a long time about wanting to give Dante a guy to help him be strong. So Zayden picked out basketball guy. Zayden carried that guy all the way through the hospital and willingly handed it over to Dante as soon as he saw him. I am so happy that Zayden was able to meet his "hero" and that he was able to give him a small gift!
Zayden also got a chance to have a mini-playdate with Dante. Zayden sat at the foot of Dante's bed and played with some of the items on Dante's tray, while Dante watched suspiciously! ;) Joey had said that was the first time in a LONG time that Dante saw someone his size. I am happy we were able to give him that moment!
Dante will continue to be someone we talk about. I even plan to put a picture of him up in our house as a reminder to all of us, of his strength, positive attitude, and will. I hope that knowing Dante and his family will make me a better mom! I also hope that someday Zayden will realize the gift I gave to him, by having him meet Dante! :)

Video taken last September as September is designated as "Childhood cancer awareness month", and the gold is the color for childhood cancer awareness. :


4 comments:
Dawn, I'm so sad he passed, but visiting him will be an experience to remember.
How wonderful for you all to have met him! I am so sad for his family, and I am thankful he is not in pain anymore. I have been thinking about him so much and I will continue to pray for his family.
Hi Dawn!
I am still so heartbroken about this entire affair--I am so happy you got to meet Dante, Jo and Tony.
All three are such an inspiration and I will continue to pray for them.
Lisa (allblondies)
PS--Totally off-topic but thanks for adding me to your blog roll, I am going to add your to mine--please email me if you do not want to be on the roll
I'm so happy you drove all that way to meet Dante, Jo, and Tony. I bet Dante loved seeing Zayden. It is all so horribly sad.
Post a Comment