Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Work Funnies

The kids I work with often say VERY funny things also. Z isn't the only comedian in my life. I just wanted to share one I heard yesterday. I work with a little boy whose family is from Ethiopia. His older brother who turned 5 last week does not speak english very well, but he is learning. Yesterday he was telling me all about how he will be going to Kindergarten soon, and he was EXCITED! He registered apparently for school last week. I asked him if he knew what his teacher's name was yet, and he said, "Yes, Miss Stacy and Mrs. Sippi" I laughed sooo hard. His mom than said to him "Mississippi is a state!" and he looked at me and said, "Mrs. State!" I laughed all day thinking of Mrs. Sippi! I wonder if she does exist somewhere!

And here are 2 of my previous favorite work funnies said by one of my kiddos named Michael.

First of all when he was around 5, I was in the gym working with another child while he was working with an occupational therapist who is EXTREMELY serious! I was stretching a little girl, and listening to their conversation. The OT was playing simon says with him to try to get him to do things she wanted him to do some exercises with his arms. After she had him do a variety of things, she told him it was his turn to be Simon and he immediately said, "Simon says put your hands on your boobs!"

Another time I was working with Michael and I had him walking on a treadmill. While on the treadmill you can see out the window into the parking lot. So, he was walking and we were talking and looking out the window. We saw this woman run out of the building and run to her car very quickly. I assumed she was in a big hurry. I said to Michael, "Did you see that woman running to her car?" and he responded with "Yes, I am pretty sure she saw a ghost!"

2 comments:

Emily said...

Those are hilarious! Thanks for sharing. I love "Simon says put your hands on your boobs." I think my husband would probably appreciate that game more than I would! Haha.

When I was teaching high school music, I had a girl in class one day say that the night before she was playing her guitar and broke her "G-string." The whole music theory class busted out laughing. I felt bad for her, but of course had to laugh.

SaRaH said...

I love "I'm pretty sure she saw a ghost!"