Friday, January 30, 2009

I just love the snow!!

We got about a foot of snow this week, and I LOVED it!! If it is going to be cold, than I want there to be lots and lots of snow! I have always enjoyed playing in the snow and looking at the snow. It is really beautiful in my opinion. It is even more fun, now that I can share my enjoyment with my kids!!

This is Z's initial reaction to all of the snow Wednesday morning!:

He could barely walk in it, since it was so deep, but he tried:

He finally just gave up, and sat in the snow and ate it! I made some snow angels!



Today Brian, Zayden, and I all went sledding and we had an awesome time!! Zayden loved sledding!! (maybe as much as me)

Here is a picture of Z and I going down a hill (Zayden later called this Ice Mountain):



And here is a video of the boys going down "ice mountain":











Then we got the bright idea of trying to take a video of all of us going down the hill together on this big awesome sled we have. So......Brian laid on his back and held the camera. Z laid on his belly on Brian, and I kneeled between Brian's legs on the back of the sled and held onto Z.....maybe not the best idea, but it sure was fun:












This was Zayden's reaction after that (and after I wiped all the snow off his face):

He recovered quickly though, and 2 minutes after getting in the jeep to go home, he asked to go sledding again! ;)

It was too cold for Ivy to be outside. However, Zayden made sure she got her own thrill ride, while she was all bundled up in her carseat!











4 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh I'm so jealous. We have tons of snow, but nowhere to go play in it. I hate the city.
Looks like Z had tons of fun!! Awesome!

Jacque said...

Looks like fun!! I love the snow and sledding too (but not the ice and power outages!).

Emily said...

That mountain looked awesome! Where did you go sledding? We need to find a good sledding hill near us. We're just so flat, flat, flat!

Dawn said...

The hill is in Brownsburg in an office park. It was also cool, because we were the only ones there!!