Friday, September 26, 2008

Baby Mama

Zayden calls Ivy, "baby Ivy" often, and will call other babies "baby ___" . He says baby Coen, and baby Jordin, etc..
Zayden also likes to pretend that he is a baby, since Ivy showed up. He'll even sometimes ask to be carried or held like a baby. Sometimes if Ivy is in her swing, and crying and I take her out, he'll run and climb into the swing and then do his fake cry. ;)
Yesterday I sat Ivy in a little bumbo seat for a minute. When I pulled her out Zayden jumped in and did the fake cry. I said, "oh you're a baby?? Well I'm a baby too". Than I laid underneath Ivy's little playgym and did my own fake cry (I know so mature, huh?). Zayden started laughing and said, "Oh baby mama do you need help?? I'll help you baby mama". Then he pulled me out. Of course he wanted to do this again and again, and each time he would call me "baby mama" and ask if I needed help.
I think Zayden is the first one to refer to me as "baby mama". I don't even think Brian calls me that! ;)

6 comments:

Shannon said...

OMG, Zoey does that exact thing (fake cry and all) and I have also been "baby Mommy"! Too funny! Ever since Lily arrived, right before bed Zoey says "Oey Mommy's baby" and I have to cradle her like a baby and tell her everyone loves her. LOL Too cute. Zoey also calls Lily her "baby ister" and sometimes "ily ister"!

SaRaH said...

I wonder how Brian will feel about some other male calling you his baby mama... too cute.

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Here's hoping you are Z's *only* baby mama, at least for a few years. LOL!

Jacque said...

So sweet! I hope baby Zayden and baby Ivy are being good to baby Mama today. :)

Alina Klein said...

Ha! I've gotten under the baby mobiles, too. I have to say, it was quite soothing. :)

Hope to see you soon, baby Mama.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!! :)