1. He's in the toilet! He's swimming!
2. I'm way up there, I'm way up there, I'm way up there!
3. Mommy, what is in my mouth??
These are 3 phrases that have caused me to leap up and dash down my hall this week!
The first one took me a minute to register. I (almost) always shut the bathroom door, so when Z said "he's in the toilet", I thought maybe he was doing pretend play or looking at a book, but then when he said, "he's swimming" I took a look, and there was Z standing over the toilet looking at his blue bird stuffed animal in the toilet....luckily it was clean!!
The 2nd phrase really scared me. I ran into his room, and he had climbed up onto this tote that holds books and had one leg inside his toy shopping cart, trying to climb in. He wasn't WAY up there, but high enough, and could have fallen, so I was happy for the warning!!
The 3rd one happened last night, and made me realize I am never going to win a parenting award. We were getting ready for bed, and Zayden went to his room before me, while I was getting his sippy cup. When I heard the phrase, "mommy what is in my mouth" I ran in thinking maybe he put an object in his mouth and could choke. I said, "I don't know what is in your mouth", and as I got closer I saw something chunky and white on his chin, and he had a very odd look on his face. I then looked down and on the floor beside him was a sippy cup that I hadn't seen for DAYS!! I quickly picked it up and looked in, and there was spoiled soy milk!! YUCK!! Zayden then got his first lesson on spitting!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
LOL, you're right, not things you want to hear! :)
LOL by myself in my office at work. Awesome quotes!
I love I'm way up there!
Dawn, I love your blog!! :) So glad you have one. :)
Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment