Monday, September 29, 2008

My weekend usually starts on Friday since both Brian and I are always off on Fridays....well usually off. Brian worked overtime this weekend on both Friday and Saturday though. Friday we didn't do too much. I ran to the store with the kids, which I am starting to do more often! Ivy luckily enjoys being worn enough and Z is good in the cart so it works out without too much crying (by me) for the most part!! :)
Then later we went to a park. Zayden started going down the big tall slides by himself a little before Ivy was born. However, we had a first this Friday. I was on the ground waiting for him to come down a big tunnel slide, but I couldn't see him because the slide winded around a little, and I was at the bottom. However, I thought for a second that I saw his shadow from the top of the slide, and what I saw was the end of the tunnel and possibly 2 legs sticking out....I didn't have much time to register what was going on before I see and hear my giggling boy come sliding out the tunnel head first! I just had to laugh. Luckily the slide wasn't too fast...and Z wanted to do this again and again. I love "firsts". This wasn't a big deal, but it was the "first" time he tried it and did it, and it just made me happy as most of his "firsts" do. ;)
Satruday Zayden had a birthday party to go to at a gymboree. I was hoping Ivy could stay home with her daddy, but since he was working she had to join us. I was very nervous about the party though. Since it was a gymboree party I was required to participate in activites and play with Zayden, which I knew could be difficult with a baby with me. I was also nervous about the cake and ice cream aspect, since Zayden wouldn't be allowed to join the other kids with the gobbling of the goodies. However, it all went surprisingly well!! I wore Ivy in my Moby wrap, and she must have wanted her brother to have a good time, because she was awesome in there. She did not even cry once the entire 1.5 hours we were there!! She fell asleep for quite awhile also wich was nice. The other mom's and dad's were really impressed with the wrap and myself and kept making comments. One mom told me she couldn't stop watching me, and couldn't believe all that I could do while Ivy was in the wrap (I was helping Z climb, lifting him in the air, doing the games with him on my lap, doing the parachute play, etc...). I had to tell people about my wrap and where to get them, because other mom's decided they wanted one! ;)
The cake situation went fine too. Zayden ate his new fave snack...Captain crunch cereal, which he loved, and he didn't even seem to mind missing out on the cake and icecream. I do have to share a picture from Saturday night....haha.... I gave Ivy a bath with Z's help of course (he washes her feet). I then pulled her out of the tub, and took her to her changing table to dry her off and get her dressed. I then hear Zayden doing his fake cry. I walk into the bathroom, and find him like this:





Our busy Sunday will be saved for another post!

No comments: