Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Eve 2008

Okay, I finally was able to upload pictures from my camera....and since 10 pictures say 10,000 words, and I am much better at taking and sharing pictures than writing, I had to wait until I could get the pictures uploaded to share our amazing Christmas!! This really was the best Christmas (time) I have ever had! It was so fun witnissing the "awe" and magic that Zayden was experiencing with his belief in Santa. It was also wonderful to experience my favorite holiday with 2 wonderful children who seemed to also love every second of it!! :)

Christmas Eve day Brian worked and the kids and I got ready for the afternoon/evening. Zayden helped me throw premade cookies on a cookie sheet to bake for Santa. Luckily this little 2 year old didn't mind missing out on the "real" Christmas cookie making experience!

Then we had to run to the store to pick up some items to take to my brother's house. Both kids were all in red, with Santa hats on looking very festive and elf-like! ;)
We always go to my brother's for Christmas Eve!! My in-laws (FIL, MIL, and SIL) also all come to my brother's house now too for Christmas Eve. Here is Ivy with my 14 year old niece Kailee. (FIL eating in the background)

Zayden giving his uncle Mike a big snuggle:




Here is a picture of all of my kids with all of their cousins; Madison, Kailee, and Christian:


Christian gave Z some power ranger guys before opening presents to keep him entertained, and Z barely wanted to open presents because he already got what he really wanted, "guys!" So here he is reluctantly opening gifts while never letting go of a "guy"! :

To my surprise Ivy actually was the one who enjoyed opening gifts the most this year! She LOVED tearing through the wrapping paper and trying to eat it! She could have opened gifts all night!!



Ivy got her first momcicle as a special Christmas Eve treat. Momcicle is what I call her frozen breastmilk treats! ;)




We got home around 9:00 and Zayden sprinkled reindeer food out on our lawn and sidewalk, so they would be sure to stop at our house!


Then Finally right before bed, we set out the cookies for Santa, and made him some hot cocoa, which Z insisted we make him because A) Santa actually requested this when we met him, and B) Stinky face leaves hot Cocoa for Santa in one of Z's favorite Christmas stories!


It was a wonderful Christmas Eve!! Stay tuned for part 2 of our Christmas 2008 story to find out what happens on Christmas day in the land of Z and Ivy!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I agree it was just the BEST Christmas with the kids this year. This age is wonderful because they are finally aware of everything and really GET it!
VERY cute. Why doesn't it surprise me that Zoey has those same Christmas PJs??? :)

Jacque said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas Eve!