Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy 6 Month Brithday Baby Girl!!

I cannot believe my baby girl is 6 months old today! Time sure does fly! It has been a wonderful 6 months though! I love Ivy to pieces. After I had Zayden I was afraid I wouldn't be able to love another as much, and Ivy proved that to be something I definitely did not need to worry about! I couldn't possibly love Ivy (nor Zayden) more than I do. They are my heart and my soul.
Ivy seems to be growing up so quickly though. She has 2 teeth, and she seems to be so anxious to get moving. She is rolling like mad. She'll now roll from belly to belly in like one very quick swoop to get to a toy a few feet away. She loves to be on her belly! She is now pushing up on her hands and knees all the time. Often when I go to get her out of her crib when she wakes up, she is on her hands and knees looking up and smiling at me! She scoots backwards, and can do like a centipede type move to get forward, but she's not truly crawling yet. She is sitting better everyday. Today she sat for about 2 minutes independently. She is loving playing with toys, and grabs and bats at everything. She is taking more note in her surroundings. She watches Kramer now a lot, and will even laugh at him. Zayden is her favorite though. She watches him all day, and he cracks her up like no other can. She also loves to squeal! :)
I have felt kind of sad today knowing that for the past 15 months I was her soul provider of nutrition. Today is the day she started solids. I know I have mom guilt about many things, but one thing I am proud of is that I do my best to make sure she is as healthy as can be! She is exclusively breastfed, even if that means I have to pump 3x/day while at work, even while in my car and driving. I do it for her, because I only want the best for her. I am also proud that I am making all of her baby food! Zayden was spoiled the same way. He never had a drop of formula despite me working, and I can count on one hand the number of jarred baby food servings he had. I intend to do the same for Ivy!
Today Ivy had Sweet Potatoes. She definitely didn't seem too thrilled about them! :) She even gagged a little. Hopefully it's not my cooking! ;) We will keep trying, and eventually if she is like her mama at all she'll be eating big in no time!
Well, Happy Birthday Sweet Ivy!! Mommy loves you always and forever!!



Freezer is full of Ivy's food now from left to right: Acorn Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Peas, Pears, Apples, and Butternut Squash














6 comments:

Jacque said...

6 months already! She always looks like such a happy baby. You're a good Mommy!

Alina Klein said...

Hooray for messy baby faces! Love the foods lined up in the freezer. Isn't it satisfying? They match up fairly well to the ones in our freezer except we also have avocado and banana. And Coen just started cereal yesterday! It goes by so fast...

Alina Klein said...

Oh, and happy six month birthday miss Ivy Renee!

SaRaH said...

Happy 6 Month Birthday, Ivy!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Ivy's rolls in her arms and chest and belly are the best thing I've seen all day. I don't like sweet potatoes either though - so I'm with her on that. :-) Happy Birthday Sweet Ivy!

Stephanie said...

she is such a sweetie! I love all the baby food lined up. I did the same for Josie, its so easy---did you manage to get your peas completely smooth??? I had trouble with mine.